National Forest Adventure Pass Information
What is an Adventure Pass?
National Forests Adventure passes cover recreation fees found at federal recreation areas such as Southern California national forests and grasslands. They also can be purchased for national parks, wildlife refuges, and other federal lands. They cover the use of facilities and services at many day-use sites on US Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management lands. This is to help preserve, protect, and maintain this area to keep them beautiful for both animals and people.
Find a Cabin
Where Can I Purchase a National Forest Adventure Pass?
Many local picnic areas and trailhead parking lots require that you have an Adventure Pass.
Locally, you may purchase a pass at:
–The Discovery Center: 40971 North Shore Dr./Hwy 38 Fawnskin, CA 92333
– 7 – Eleven: 41440 Big Bear Blvd. Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
– Big 5 Sporting Goods: 41385 Big Bear Blvd. Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
– Chirp Nature Center: 40850 Village Dr. Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
– Get Boards: 40905 Big Bear Blvd. Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
Click Link Below for a Recreation Pass Provider list for all other locations in which you can purchase an Adventure Pass.
Other Passes and Permit Information
The Forest Service may require recreation permits beyond just getting an Adventure pass, when extra measures are needed to protect natural or cultural resources, to restrict the number of people participating in the activity at any one time, to provide extra safety or for other specialized services. These permits may be issued to individuals as “Special Recreation Permits.” Examples are:
- Off-highway vehicle riding
- Camping or Hiking on trails such as the PCT
- Rock climbing
- Wilderness areas that have limited access
- Shooting ranges
- Groomed cross-country ski trails
Please keep these in mind when looking for the correct Pass or Permit to purchase for your upcoming adventure.