Big Bear subject to Governor’s order
Can I get a refund without Penalty? Yes no problem, if you are an AIRBNB booking just initiate a cancellation and we approve it.
The Governor’s new order builds on previous State orders, and it can be difficult to determine exactly how it applies in Big Bear.
- vacation rentals may be occupied, but only by members of the same immediate household.
- City may choose to audit homes if more than 2 cars are at property and issue a $250.00 fine for more than 2 cars. If the city evicts a portion of your group, we can not refund any money to you. If the city evicts you, it is a $1,000 fine. Hundreds of bookings have received the parking more than 2 cars just this week by the city.
- interacting with others who are not part of your immediate household is prohibited, unless you are participating in the permitted activities outlined in the Governor’s new order (and indicated below), AND you implement appropriate face covering, physical distancing, and personal hygiene practices.
- We highly recommend each household brings everything they need, the grocery stores will only allow 20% entry patrolled by sheriff. One can expect very long wait times just for entry.
- individuals are not prohibited from moving around the community, as long as they are traveling to or from or participating in the permitted activities outlined below.
- Evictions will occur immediately if there is excessive noise, misbehavior, or disruption of the neighborhood.As always, Treat the neighborhoods with respect. We want our Big Bear Residents to be respected by our Visitors.
- outdoor recreational activities are permitted, including skiing, snowboarding, sledding, snow tubing, hiking, running, biking, walking, and visiting the lakeshore and other parks, LIMITED TICKET SALES – MUST BOOK IN ADVANCE – MORE INFO HERE
- Big Bear Mountain Resorts and other commercial snow play areas may operate,
- all retail stores may remain open, but are limited to 20% capacity (including grocery stores) and must have an employee stationed at the entrance to ensure that entry is limited, Vacation Rentals should bring everything they need rather than visiting the grocery stores.
- restaurants may operate for take-out and delivery only,
- hair, beauty, and nail salons, and other personal care services must close,
- the bowling alley, other indoor entertainment centers, and bars / nightclubs must close,
- churches and other places of worship are limited to outdoor or online worship only,
- the zoo must close,
- traditional hotels and lodging facilities may only operate if housing essential workers,
- second homes may be occupied, but only by members of the same immediate household,
- any visitors originating from outside California, and not traveling for essential business purposes, must quarantine for 14 days,
- California residents are advised to limit travel within the State, and within 2 – 3 hours of home, and only with your immediate household.
Please be responsible, and do your part! Please note that we may have to cancel any reservation after 12/28 that is not single household if Southern California’s ICU beds are not 15%. We will keep sending communications as we know.
Destination Big Bear will evaluate daily where the ICU capacity and if there is a chance this Big Bear Lake executive order is removed.