11-30-2019 CANCEL WITHOUT PENALTY READ FIRST
Current travel conditions to Big Bear and in Big Bear
Right now there is only one road open to Big Bear. The 18 from Lucerne to Big Bear although open yesterday morning did close through out the day. We had guests stuck on this road for over 8 hours. Once the road closes due to accidents and stuck cars (not weather yesterday), it takes forever to get TOW trucks through the windy roads. R3 exists: CHP is turning people away if you do not have 4×4 and Chains on your vehicle
In Big Bear – Especially in Upper Moonridge there are many cars stuck on the roads not allowing plows to get by. Thanksgiving Guests will all be trying to get out of the driveways (3 to 5 foot berms at the edge of the driveway from street plows using shovels). Driveway plows can not plow around cars, guests have to dig themselves out today. Please use this link – we have found is always update to date; https://socalmountains.com/roads/index.php
Once the current guests have gotten out of the driveway there is a small window for plows to get into the driveway to clear it. Plows might not get to the home before you do. Due to all the snow we might not be able to get the driveway cleared for your entire stay leaving each guests on their own to shovel.
Cleaning of the home
Cleaners can not clean the home until the guests has left the home.
Free Cancellations Without Penalties if you notify us before 11am today
We highly recommend all guests cancel their booking today if they are checking in today. Why?
Worst Case: You drive 8 to 10 hours getting stuck in traffic only to not make it to Big Bear because all roads are have been closed to Big Bear not because of weather (we do have blue skies) but because of accidents and traffic. Because there is only 1 road open TO AND FRO to Big Bear it is almost certain it will close throughout the day due to the amount of traffic trying to get down the mountain. CHP will shut down traffic to Big Bear to allow traffic off mountain to get down the mountain.
Best Case: You spend 5 to 8 hours getting to Big Bear only to find the road or road(S) to your home is blocked by stuck cars. Or you can get to the home and our current guests are still snowed in and are working on getting out.
No Compensation or Refunds if you do not by 11am this morning, try to come up and then want to cancel later after you do not get to Big Bear or find the home is not ready.
Why? We want to provide the best service to you and the current guests that may be delayed with leaving the home today. Also, many of the guests that are in the home and would like to extend their booking 1 night while the traffic clears the mountain.
Thank you for understanding that we are doing our best to communicate the current situation while taking steps to ensure all of our guest’s safety and happiness.